Planet Fitness is a popular gym for those who want to work out on their own time and budget. It’s not uncommon for Planet Fitness gyms to have rowing machines, but they can vary from location to location.
This blog post will help you find the answer to your question about rowing machines at Planet fitness gyms so that you can work out efficiently and effectively!
The following post will provide answers as to whether or not Planet Fitness has rowing machines in their facilities, what type of rowers are typically found at these locations, how much space does one needs for this machine?
And finally, we’ll conclude with some helpful tips on using the rower properly and safely.
Does Planet Fitness Gym have Rowing Machines?
Yes, Planet Fitness has some of the best rowing cardio machines thereby making it the best gym for people who are just starting to work out and don’t want to spend a ton of money on special equipment that doesn’t get used regularly anyway.
So I would recommend this location over other gyms because they make rowing machine fitness very accessible for everyone with their cheap membership rates and easy workout plans.
Planet Fitness Rowing Machine Brands
What brand of rowing machine does Planet Fitness have?
Planet Fitness has all the top brands of rowing machines including Concept-2, Model-D, Dynamic Pathways, Sunny Health & Fitness. We don’t carry any lesser models.
If you’re looking for a specific brand that doesn’t fit this list then please contact another Planet Fitness location or retailer near you.
Planet Fitness carries high-quality products at affordable prices so every gym member can have fitness equipment no matter their budget.
Planet Fitness also carries other types of pieces of equipment to help with your fitness goals such as ellipticals, treadmills, and racks to put weights on while doing cardio activities.
Although many fitness clubs offer row machines that are not manufactured by any specific company, Planet Fitness has StairMaster Cardiosport model 4500ii.
StairMaster is one of the few gyms to have an enclosed chamber design with 12+ resistance levels programmed into the console.
The machine’s air piston flywheel system provides a smooth quiet workout. If you want to take it outside or lift weights after your cardio session, you can store all the equipment conveniently under the console since there are dedicated storage spots for everything – even your mat!
Not only does it provide a heart-healthy workout at your convenience but also helps increase cardiovascular conditioning and total body strength while burning calories.
The rower comes with foot pedals that work independently of each other.
There are several brands to choose from at Planet Fitness, but I prefer the Landice L5. The machine has five one-way friction bearings on either side of the flywheel to reduce drag caused by moving parts.
How to Use the Rowing Machine at Planet Fitness
The correct procedure to use the rowing machine at Planet Fitness is:
- Stand with the row machine to your left, with the seat facing away from you.
- Grasp both handles of the rowing machine. Make sure your hands are at least one inch apart to avoid injury.
- Pull yourself up onto the rowing machine, ensuring that your back is straight and that you are standing near its center.
- Buckle in by firmly pressing on both buckles on each side of your waist, ensuring that they’re securely tightened enough so as not to move throughout your workout yet loose enough to feel comfortable.
- Keep knees bent and thighs stable during all phases of this exercise so as not to restrict blood flow or have any accidents prone due to compression or numbness- put them together, lose them together.
Seated Rowing Machine at Planet Fitness
Seated rowing machines are great for beginners and people with back issues. The seats provide a comfortable position, and the fixed handlebars make it easy to learn.
To use the seated rowing machine at Planet Fitness, please follow the steps below
- Sit in a chair that can pivot back and forth.
- Keep your feet on the floor by keeping them flat against it or by lifting them off the ground slightly if necessary.
- Place your hands on the handles of a row machine which could either be located in front of you, above you, or to either side of you depending on what type is being utilized (these will typically need to be pulled towards your stomach area).
- When seated properly, pull one arm towards your stomach while using the other arm as extra support if needed before repeating this pattern with the other arm so that you have a symmetrical workout.
Water Rowing Machine at Planet Fitness
The water rower is ideal for anything requiring intense endurance, balance work, or injury rehabilitation.
The slightly buoyant machine means that any exertion causes your feet to be just above the ground, which promotes good blood circulation in the leg musculature.
For those with joint problems who are doing extensive amounts of pounding on various devices, the water rower should have a lower impact.
Alternating between an upper body movement and a lower body movement can offer great benefits for strengthening both muscle groups while also providing cardiovascular conditioning because the workout takes so little time.
The cycling motion is very similar to running because it works abdominal muscles while at the same time force-absorbing stress on joints by distributing weight over many smaller bones about the knees.